Catholic University Polar Plunge
The Catholic University Polar Plunge is the coolest thing you'll do all year!
Jump into an above ground swimming pool at Catholic U to the cheers of the crowd! Come out and seek the thrills and chills all to benefit the 1,600 athletes of Special Olympics D.C.
Date: February 3, 2017
Time: Cool Schools 2:30 pm -5:00 pm and University plunge 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Location: Catholic University of America Athletic Center - Cardinal Stadium
Fundraising Minimum: $50 to support Special Olympics athletes
Each participant raises a minimum of $50 to plunge which allows Special Olympics D.C. continue to provide year-round sports, health, and inclusion programs which are essential in helping children and adults with intellectual disabilities lead healthier lives and develop valuable skills.
- $100 sends one athlete to the Summer Games
- $250 provides one adaptive bowling ramp
- $500 uniforms one basketball team
- $750 pays for medical exams for 15 athletes to qualify to participate
- $1,000 reserves gym time for basketball training
- CUA Polar Plunger - Take the plunge to show your school spirit and support
- Cool Schools Plunger - High School and College plungers compete to bring home the trophy of "D.C's Coolest School" to campus
- SO Athlete Plunger - Raise funds so that an athlete can plunge, or come at take the plunge with him or her. You'll give a memorable experience.
- Too Chicken to Plunge? Donate $50 or more and come out to watch others take the plunge, or stay warm and toasty at home. Either way, our Special Olympics athletes benefit.